The Dr. Phillips community is named after renowned philanthropist and businessman, Dr. Phillip Phillips. His citrus empire, which included the processing and packaging of orange juice, positively impacted surrounding residents.
With a keen passion for helping others, the Phillips family developed the Dr. Phillips Foundation in 1953. A charity that is alive and well today! Their foundation motto, “helping others help themselves” is their lasting legacy. Engraved on Dr. Phillips’ tombstone are the words, “Under His Hand, Wilderness Bore Fruit,” and there is no truer statement.
As part of his legacy, Dr. Phillips acquired and developed over 5,000 acres of land, known today as the Dr. Phillips area. In 2015, it was named “One of the Best Places to Live” by Time’s Money Magazine, and was the only Florida city to be featured in a list of 50! Although close to the Orlando theme parks, Dr. Phillips’ job growth and top-grade schools are the main attractions for residents in the surrounding areas.